Gustavus Adolphus College: Fly-in Program
We want you to visit Gustavus! It’s the best way to make your college choice. After you walk around and talk to a couple of Gusties, you’ll get the feeling that you belong. This could be your new home. Gustavus is what a college campus should look and feel like. See for yourself. Anytime.
That’s right, we want you to be able to visit campus when it best fits your schedule. While we provide personal visits for prospective students year round, this program is meant to be intentional about making the most of your time here on campus. Our fly-in program is unique. We want you to truly feel like a Gustie and participate in our campus community as if you were already a student by providing a personalized schedule based on what you want to do, see, and experience in order to make your college decision. In essence, our fly-in program will give you a taste of the individual attention that you will feel every day as a Gustie.
In order to be an eligible participant, you must:
- Be a high school senior who has applied and been admitted to Gustavus
- Live outside the states of Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
- Be approved by our office for the program
*Note: The Gustavus Fly-In Program is intended to help students visit the Gustavus campus. Gustavus cannot provide reimbursement or transportation to students seeking to combine visits to other colleges or universities.
The Fly-In Program includes:
- partial reimbursement for student’s airfare*
- transportation to and from the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport
- overnight accommodations with current Gustavus students
- meals in the nationally ranked Gustavus Market Place
- campus tour and one-on-one conversation with an admission counselor
- observing classes, labs, and research
- meetings with professors, coaches and conductors.
The Next Steps:
1. Using our online visit scheduler, please choose your desired date of departure and fill out the form in its entirety.
2. Please include any visit requests (special appointments, class visits, etc), when prompted.
3. Upon submission and receipt of your FLY-IN Program request, you will receive an email that will include whether you have been approved for the program.
- Complete and submit all applications/forms 4 WEEKS PRIOR to intended visit date.
· International Applicants who are interested should contact Joy Reese.
Once approved, communications on how to book your travel, receive your travel reimbursement (half of airfare up to $250*) and plan for your trip, will be provided by our Visit Coordinator. Please note that should you decide to enroll at Gustavus, the balance of your airfare expense (up to another $250) will be reimbursed to you during your first fall semester.
*Students who can demonstrate financial need may be eligible for increased or full travel assistance (*Contact Wendy Bachman for more information.)
*If using frequent flier miles, only the actual cash paid amount listed on the flight itinerary will be considered for reimbursement.
Accommodations for families:
Our program is designed to provide an opportunity to explore our campus for prospective students. Parents are more than welcome to visit as well! However, we are only able to extend the services of our Fly In Program to prospective students. Accompanying parents are asked to be responsible for their own expenses, travel planning, and accommodations. If they would like, we invite them to join their student on a personalized campus tour, partake in a counselor conversation, as well as enjoy a meal in our dining facilities. For those who wish to accompany a prospective student, there are many hotel and restaurant options in St. Peter and the surrounding area.