South Carolina Lottery Tuition Assistance Program
The SC Lottery Tuition Assistance Program was established in 2001 under the SC Educational Lottery Act and implemented for the first time during 2002-03 academic year. It was created to provide a supplemental resource to South Carolina residents two-year public or independent
institutions. Applies at Eligible Two-year Technical Institutions, USC Two-year Regional Campuses
and Spartanburg Methodist College.
For the current academic year (fall, spring, and summer terms), eligible full-time students may receive up to $1,140 per term and eligible part-time students may receive $95 per credit hour to be used toward the cost-of-tuition. In calculating the amount a student is eligible to receive in Lottery Tuition Assistance, all federal grants and the SC Need-based Grant must be awarded first. The institution at which the student is enrolled will notify each student of the exact award amount.
General Eligibility Requirements
In order to qualify for Lottery Tuition Assistance, a student must meet ALL of the following minimum requirements before being awarded:
· File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and complete the process to determine eligibility for federal student aid each academic year;
· Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident that meets the definition of an eligible non-citizen under State residency statutes;
· Be a legal resident of South Carolina as defined in applicable State statutes governing the determination of residency for tuition and fee purposes;
· Be enrolled at the time of the grant disbursement as a degree-seeking student in a minimum of six credit hours for the term and be making satisfactory academic progress;
· Verify that he or she does not owe a refund or repayment on a State Grant, Pell Grant or a Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant and is not in default on a loan under the Federal Perkins Loan or Federal Stafford Loan program; and
· Not be a recipient of the HOPE, LIFE or Palmetto Fellows Scholarships.
For more information about Lottery Tuition Assistance, contact:
Mr. Gerrick Hampton email@example.com Phone: (803) 734-4397 Fax (803) 737-3610